First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to consider supporting Finally Family Homes in this way and for going the extra mile to figure out how to do it well.
We are grateful that you want to join us in Standing In The Gap - Offering Hope And Empowerment To Aged-out Foster Youth.
Facebook fundraisers are a great way to help get the word out and support Finally Family Homes.
While the Facebook fundraisers have grown in popularity for birthdays, you can actually create a fundraiser any time for any reason.
This post will help you create a successful Facebook fundraiser.
I'll also cover
1. They're easy to set up. If you've got a Facebook account, Facebook will walk you through it. They create the page & provide easy ways to donate and connect to information about the organization. You just pick out a favorite photo, a goal amount, and what you want to say, if anything, about why are doing it.
2. They create awareness. Most people aren't aware what "aging out" is, much less all the sad statistics surrounding it. Finally Family Homes is pretty new and small, so they probably haven't heard of us either. Even if they don't donate, a fundraiser is an easy way to help your Facebook friends learn that the problem exists, that it is something you care about, and that what can be done to help solve it.
3. We get 100% of the donation. Facebook charges no fees, not even credit card processing fees. That something we can't even come by on our own.
3 Things We Don't Love About Facebook Fundraisers
1. We can't always say Thank You. Facebook doesn't share with us who donated or how much. So we are unable to follow up with a thank you. If someone from our organization is invited we can see those donors who choose to share that they gave, but not how much they gave.
2. They're not advertised for you. Unless you invite your friends, there's no guarantee they'll ever see that you are hosting a fundraiser.
3. It's less personal. Because we don't receive donor info, we can't follow up and let them know how their donation was used or continue a relationship with them.
Nevertheless, we believe the benefits outweigh the costs. And we greatly appreciate your efforts to multiply your support to help aging out foster kids at risk of homelessness and human trafficking.
How to Create a Facebook Fundraiser (From your Desktop)
Tip: If you're planning on doing it for your birthday, we recommend setting up the fundraiser to start a week before so everyone has time to see it before your birthday.
If you'd like to get started now, here's the link to create a fundraiser for Finally Family Homes.